Pathways Program Coordinator
Journey's End Refugee Services, Inc.
2495 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214
Position Title:Pathways Program Coordinator
Supervisor: Deputy Director
Status: Part-time, hourly, non-exempt, $14.42 - $17.90/hour
**If interested in full-time work, please see other part-time job postings for MAC Program Coordinator and RSIP Coordinator
Journey's End Refugee Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ the best-qualified personnel without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, or marital status, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Journey's End Refugee Services, Inc. is a refugee resettlement and immigration services provider for the Western New York Region. Journey's End works to assist newly arriving refugees to find gainful employment and avoid dependency on social services
The Pathways to Success college preparatory program is designed to help prepare ESL students for college admission. This program is through ECC's Pathways ESL program, which helps prepare ESL students for the TASC exam, which is necessary for college admission.
The Pathways Program Coordinator's primary responsibilities will be focused on the development and implementation of the Pathways to Success Program.
- Responsible for supervising, leading, mentoring, and training Pathways teachers and helping teachers resolve day-to-day challenges and obstacles.
- Act as a mediator for behavioral issues that arise and serve as Pathways program disciplinarian.
- Serve as liaison between Pathways teachers and Deputy Director.
- Serve on committees and attend meetings to represent Pathways program at JERS and community events; ie Pathways Directors meeting.
- Work with Data Manager to monitor progress of Pathways program.
- Lead marketing and recruitment activities for Pathways programs.
- Conduct weekly meetings with program staff.
- Approve department timesheets and time off requests; ensure coverage is arranged for staff time off.
- Seek professional development opportunities for staff.
- Work with Deputy Director to hire new staff and oversee teachers' lesson plans to ensure they align with program goals and standards.
- Oversee placement and effectiveness of interns, volunteers, and student teachers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lesson preparation: relocate classroom from office and prepare classroom for activities, make copies, printing, stapling, organizing, and gathering materials for projects. Need to plan around sharing technology.
- Instruction: organize and deliver informative and engaging lesson plans for students and instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials.
- Grading/giving feedback: maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development, grading homework, projects, and tests; helping new students/absent students catch up on class material
- Mygradebook responsibilities: enter daily attendance, sign in sheets, enter grades, create report cards
- Design, develop, change, and enhance Pathways school rules, schedules, and procedures
- Create a nurturing, supportive, and positive learning environment in a diverse classroom with high expectations that encourage student responsibility and enhance motivation.
- Attend all staff meetings and common JERS responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree with two years' experience.
- Valid New York State Teacher certification preferred.
- Experience working with the refugee population or in a diverse classroom environment, with two years' supervisory experience.
- Possess the ability to be flexible, creative, and willing to collaborate with other teachers.
Journey's End is committed to the purpose of providing refugees with the resources and support they need to become successful, active, and contributing members of the Western New York community. The ideal candidate must be self-directed and able to work in a team environment.
Send resume, cover letter, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include job title in subject of email.
Please include phone and email contact in the cover letter.
***Incomplete applications will not be considered.***