Journey's End Refugee Services, Inc.
2495 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214
Position Title: RSIP Coordinator
Supervisor: Deputy Director
Status: Part-time, hourly, non-exempt, $14.42 - $17.90/hour depending on experience
**If interested in full-time work, please see other part-time job postings for MAC Program Coordinator and Pathways Program Coordinator
Journey's End Refugee Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ the best-qualified personnel without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, or marital status, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Journey's End Refugee Services, Inc. is a refugee resettlement and immigration services provider for the Western New York Region. Journey's End works to assist newly arriving refugees to find gainful employment and avoid dependency on social services
The Refugee School Impact Program is a partnership between Journey's End Refugee Services and the Buffalo Public Schools Multilingual Department. The project aims to support children and families within the Buffalo Public Schools in order to achieve their academic goals. This goal is primarily held up by the role that the Academic Coaches play as a bridge between parents and schools.
The RSIP Coordinator leads the Refugee School Impact Program, acting as a liaison between the Academic Coaches and the Buffalo Public School system.
- Serve as liaison between JERS Academic Coaches and Buffalo Public Schools
- Help create schedule for Academic Coaches
- Coordinate between the Deputy Director and Academic Coaches
- Help maintain student files
- Lead RSIP team in creating news ideas regarding how to best serve students
- Represent JERS and RSIP program on committees within the community/BPS system
- Ensure that RSIP grant goals are met
- Manage Academic Coaches' schedules; report outcomes to BPS officials
- Work with schools to collect data about program
- Plan JERS involvement with Jumpstart Program
- Attend Journey's End staff meetings and other important events
- Participate on a JERS Lead Committee
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or Master's Degree (Preferred) with 3 years of experience, or at least 5 years of education experience.
- Bilingual in language heavily present among refugee population.
- Experience working with Journey's End Refugee Services or the refugee population, or in a diverse classroom environment.
- Familiar with the operations of Buffalo Public Schools.
- Comfortable with community outreach and communicating with administrators.
- Familiar with creating and developing new programs.
- Possess the ability to be flexible, creative, motivated, forward thinking, and willing to collaborate with other teachers.
- Ability to work with a team (teachers, parents, administrators, other academic coaches).
Journey's End is committed to the purpose of providing refugees with the resources and support they need to become successful, active, and contributing members of the Western New York community. The ideal candidate must be self-directed and able to work in a team environment.
Send resume, cover letter, and three references to: email@example.com
Please include job title in subject of email.
Please include phone and email contact in the cover letter.
***Incomplete applications will not be considered.***