Green Shoots For New Americans Program Intern
GREEN SHOOTS FOR NEW AMERICANS PROGRAM INTERN
Seeking a part-time (5-15 hours/week) intern for our urban refugee farm, under the supervision of the Program Manager. This position is flexible, but will likely focus on marketing, community outreach, farm maintenance, and assisting with daily functioning of the program. Hours available are M-F, between 9am-5pm. Previous experience is ideal, but is not necessary. This position is perfect for a candidate who is interested in Buffalo's refugee population; has studied or experience in multicultural issues, communications, or marketing; has experience in agriculture; and is interested in working in a non-profit.
Applicants available Tuesdays and Thursdays are encouraged to apply.
This position requires a candidate who works efficiently and collaboratively with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will be professional, hard working, and good with people. Expectations include punctuality, dependability, thoroughness, independence, accuracy, honesty, flexibility, creativity, and an outgoing attitude. The candidate must be comfortable in a rapidly changing environment, and be able to maintain strict confidentiality. Experience with non-profits and volunteerism preferred.
This is an unpaid internship. Up to 20% of the intern's time will be dedicated to personal educational development, including a training in Journey's End and its mission. Computer, copy machine, wi-fi, and other tools available. Free parking.
Potential responsibilities may include the following, and other tasks will be assigned:
Marketing and Community Outreach:
- Assist in selling produce through our CSA, and to restaurants and markets
- Market products through outreach, both in person and virtually (social media, etc.)
- Perform community outreach for volunteer days and other programs, as needed
- Help construct and maintain garden plot and produce
- Assist with general maintenance (watering, weeding, etc.)
- Help teachers and interpreters during workshops
- Attend and help coordinate special events
Interested candidates should send a resumé and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.